Due to expansion we have a vacancy in our production dept for a trainee production supervisor. We are looking for someone who has production experience (doesn’t have to be in signage), who can motivate and direct people and who enjoys making things and has an eye for detail.
If you would like to apply please send CV and cover letter through to email@example.com by Fri 30th Jan 2015. Please see full Job Description below:
Job Title: (Trainee) Production Supervisor
Salary: Dependent on experience
Main purpose and scope of this job:
The job involves supervising (or eventual supervising after an agreed training period) of the production of staff in the assembly departments in order to meet the timescales of jobs from the production schedule. The role reports directly to the production manager and also involves assembly and production of signage.
Responsibilities include (but are not exclusive to):
- Supervising staff in the assembly, electrics, vinyl, quality control and goods out depts by ensuring staff work on the jobs in the correct order to meet the timescales from the production schedule
- Work closely with the production manager and the fabrication supervisor in order to ensure that all jobs are delivered to time, budget and quality. Flagging any issues to the production manager in a timely fashion. This will be measured and part of your appraisal
- Print off and distribute job sheets and production drawings to all employees in the fabrication department
- The management of stock in the assembly departments, including working with the production manager and purchasing to ensure all stock is kept to the correct levels
- Keep the assembly department tidy and clean as well as ensuring that all tools, machinery and plant is regularly serviced and looked after. If any additional plant is needed this should be communicated to the production manager
- Investigate any production errors in order to understand what the reason for the issue was, how it can be fixed and how we reduce the risk of it happening again.
- General assembly of signage work as required
- Planning/Organising – Establishes a systematic course of action for oneself or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective. Determines priorities and allocates time and resources effectively
- Controlling Quality and Standards – the ability to identify ways to ensure standards are met and monitor progress to achieve quality goals
- Motivation – the ability to steer others towards a goal and motivate them to achieve it, showing support and encouragement for their efforts
- Initiative – Evaluates, selects and acts on various methods and strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives before being asked or required to do so
- Accountability – Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions; follows through on commitments; implements decisions that have been agreed upon; maintains confidentiality with sensitive information; acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others; recognizes the impact of ones behaviour on others.
- Problem-solving – the process of finding solutions to difficult or complex issues
- Customer-centric – Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
- Oral Communication skills – Demonstrates the ability to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively using speech in individual or group situations; attends to and fully comprehends what others are saying.
- Professional/Technical Expertise – Acquires and uses technical and professional knowledge, skills and judgment to accomplish results and serve customers effectively.
- Teamwork – Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively toward solutions that generally benefit all involved parties and accomplish group objective
- Leadership skills
- Manufacturing experience
- Signage knowledge